Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!


Beetlejuice (1988, Tim Burton) - 92 min. - 8/10

Today at work a co-worker popped the Tim Burton flick, Beetlejuice, into the Blu-Ray player. This prompted me to start blabbering about what I remembered of the Beetlejuice cartoon.  Being the somewhat sick and twisted person that I am, it's no surprise that I loved the Beetlejuice cartoon as a kid.  I'm convinced that my mom loved watching the cartoon with me.  She says I'm lying.  I think she's just in denial.


Anyways, this is such a great movie.  Michael Keaton did a wonderful job as the infamous Beetlejuice, and Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin were great as the unfortunate ghost couple.  My favorite scene is the dinner scene in which Lydia's parents and guests are possessed and made to dance and sing to the Day-O Banana Boat Song.  This isn't Tim Burton's best work, but that's like saying Jaws isn't Steven Spielberg's best; it's still a spectacular movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment