Wow. Words can barely express how much this movie sucked. It's like the director wrote the manual on how to make a crappy horror movie. I can see the ad now! "How to Make Your Movie Suck! Featuring the latest techniques from Jon Harris! If you buy a copy of this book, we'll even throw in a copy of The Descent Part 2 for FREE!" Here's a list of the cheesy and/or bad techniques used by Mr. Harris, just to give you an idea of how much this movie sucked:
- Jump Scares - that was the only kind of scare present in this train wreck masquerading as a film.
- Lighting - I'm in a cave with nothing to light my way but a flashlight, so where's that light coming from that's lighting me from above? Was the entrance really above me that whole time?!
- Character Resurrection - wait, so Juno got away from all of those crawlers with an injured leg? Hmm... she must secretly be a crawler or something.
- The Villainous Community Member - Well, I won't explain this one fully, because it might ruin the "surprise," but it's a lot like the gas station attendant in The Hills Have Eyes, which is very cliche by now.
- Stupid Characters - yes, I am talking about you Sheriff Vaines. Handcuffing someone to you and then trying to cross a very precarious natural bridge made of fallen rocks sounds like a good idea to that guy.