Monday, March 25, 2013

Excuses for Not Blogging

Eek! I really don't want to make excuses about why I haven't been writing, but I have two pretty epic excuses:

1) Avalanche - Trevor and I were at Stevens Pass hiking some sidecountry and we got caught in an avalanche. It was the single most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me and both Trevor and I are lucky to be alive. I stayed pretty calm during the event itself, but once Trevor dug my head out of the snow I let forth a nonstop string of filthy language and didn't stop for about five minutes. Apparently I have a filthy mouth when I'm terrified. We went home afterwards even though that was only our second run and stopped for McDonald's on the way. That McChicken was the best meal I have ever had. I have never enjoyed food as much as I did that day. Suffice it to say, I didn't feel like sitting on my computer and typing after that. I wanted to go out and enjoy being alive.

2) Emerald City Comicon - I volunteer at ECCC every year and it's always a blast. Unfortunately, though, it leaves me quite drained for a week or so afterwards (add in my March allergies and I'm out for the month haha). Example: I hardly even made it to the gym last week and I normally go every day. This year, I was Paul McGillion's (Stargate Atlantis) assistant. He was really nice and treated all of his fans incredibly well - even his creepy stalker-fans. After he left for his flight home, there were a few hours of the con left and I managed to get Saga #1 signed by Fiona Staples (I'm absolutely wild about her art) and Captain Marvel #5 signed by Kelly Sue Deconnick (my fan letter was printed in that issue)! Overall I think my favorite part of the convention was getting a hug from Richard Steven Horvits (the voice of Invader Zim) and listening to him yell "I am ZIM!"

I didn't get to see many costumes while I was at the convention, but here are a few favorites I found in the KOMO recap:



No comments:

Post a Comment